In today’s job market, hiring a freelancer to complete a project can be more economical than staffing a full time position. There are many websites geared toward freelance work where you can post available job listings. How do you get the most out of your listing?
Our guest blogger, Ryan Buckley, shares his tips with us about what to include in your listing to find the best match for your project.
The best way to hire a freelancer is to make sure you know exactly what you want. When hiring writers, designers, or any type of creative artist, both you and your freelancer will benefit from a complete list of requests. For a writing job, you might include:
- The topic or question you want addressed
- Links to articles you want to emulate
- Links to articles you want to link to
- Topics not to mention (competitors, controversies)
- The specific audience you want to attract
With a comprehensive list of requirements in hand, you’re much more likely to find the perfect freelancer.
What avenues have helped you find a freelancer?